Wednesday 21 November 2012

The new wave of blocky sites

I blame Windows 8, totally and utterly. Only a month or two ago websites were just that, sites filled with content displayed in adult form. Crisp, clear, sectioned nicely. What we have since the Windows 8 release is the 'Battle of the Blocks' as I like to put it. Why is everything now so blockified? Going on the internet now is like trying to navigate through a game of Tetris.

Are we all systematically being pushed toward the future, which is said to be tablets smartphones and anything touch blocky? I hate it. And site by site I'm seeing more and more of it. I don't want to be treated like a child. I don't want massive garish shapes taking up 90% of my desktop space.

I hope the trend (along with Windows 8 in general) fades fast. Otherwise the future won't just be bright.....it will be entirely block like.

No comments:

Post a Comment